Buying a home can be a stressful endeavour.
Here are some tips to help make the process as smooth as possible:
- Meet with a Mortgage Broker
- A mortgage broker will let you know exactly what you can afford, which will stop you from falling in love with a home that's outside your price range. Best of all, their services are FREE! To meet with a mortgage broker and find out what you can afford, Click Here.
- Budget for closing costs
- CMHC recommends putting aside 1.5 to 4% of the purchase price to cover closing costs.
- Don't be too emotional
- Check your emotions at the door and use your head. Real estate is all about location, location, location, so keep this in mind when you're purchasing.
- Find a good Realtor
- Realtors have access to a wealth of knowledge that can make the home-buying process incredibly smooth. We can set you up with automatic email updates for all new properties that meet your criteria which can be the difference in getting the home you want and being too late. To contact our Realtors, Click Here.